Thursday, January 7, 2010

Fiesta Bowl 2010

Old Father Time has been good to me this last year, as I have neglected to keep this world-wide-web version of a journal updated due to the lack of “I’m bored and need something to do” time. My deepest and most apathetic apologies go out to those who have starred at this non-updated blog and slowly slipped into madness.

I should add “updating the blog” to my list of New Years resolutions, but:

A) the list is already too long
B) I will probably procrastinate it till mid March
C) the list doesn’t even really exist…

What better way to Kick off “2KX Documentaries” (2010 in roman numerals- for those of you that didn’t go to college) than a good ol’ fashion road trip.

Destination: Glendale, AZ
Purpose: Fiesta Bowl (TCU vs. BSU)
Slogan/Motto: “What’s up chubbies?”

First stop, Hoover Dam
This old hunk of cement was old news to the rest of us, but Syd had higher hopes.  She had been deprived the wonderful opportunity of standing atop this man made miracular. So, who were we to shatter her dreams? That, and Kimball is a big fan... and Tess and I had our foot races to attend to.


Mesa, Arizona
We stayed with the family my lil’ sista (Leslie) is a personal chef for, and met two little twin whipper snappers. Kimball and I stole their toys, mainly to boost our secretly low self-esteem… It worked.



How boring is it to drive back the same way you came? We decided to venture on over to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and take a peek at ‘er. I soon learned that I cannot have items such as keys, cell phones or valuables in my pockets whilst standing on a tall bridge… Something inevitably will be thrown overboard.

Oh, and during a pee stop, I ran up this hillNo biggie…

2 comments:

  1. Stealing children's toys to boost self esteem... classy. :) Nice blog Petey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personal Life Historian.

    You weren't kidding.

    ReplyDelete