Monday, April 5, 2010

Dude, I totally know him!

On occasion I have been known to be "in the right place at the right time" and quite literally bump into a celebrity. Of course such an encounter calls for some sort of jumbled combination of words to leap from my lips in no particular order, and usually in varying decibels. Its a disease... I really cant help it.
Now, I told you that so you'd better understand this...
I spent the Easter weekend in Mesa, AZ visiting friends and family. There is no better way to spend the first days of Spring than in 90 degree blue sky weather.
It’s a ten hour drive home from Mesa, so reason was screaming at us to be in the car and driving by 2pm. But, we couldn’t miss the second Sunday session of General Conference. Why? I’ll tell you why…
(Fortunately for those present at the session, I was many hundreds of miles away. I may have made a rather large fool of myself in my diseased attempts to express my feelings reverently, but had a nervous breakdown and screamed jumbled combinations of words instead…)
While I watched him speak, feelings and memories from my two years spent in Russia raced through me. There were so many amazing experiences and so many wonderful people that changed my life. I love them all so much.

As for President Schwitzer, he is a spiritual giant that I will forever look to for advice and guidance in my life. He exemplifies everything that I wish to become in my “quest for manhood”. His genuine love for people is immeasurable. His positive attitude and immense zest for life is never unnoticed. His drive and energy in sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ is insurmountable. He takes every opportunity to bear his sincere and humble witness of Jesus Christ. I have yet to meet someone with such an unfeigned love for our Savior. There was never a time that I left his presence without feeling uplifted and edified.

President Schwitzer taught me more than I ever believed I could learn, and I am forever grateful to have had his influence in my life. I love and respect that man far more than my ability to express in words.
Thank you president for your impact in my life.

2 comments:

  1. I am not blog-stalking you...I just saw this on facebook and I totally agree!

    ReplyDelete